Monday, December 12, 2011

Want To Help The Economy? Buy American Made Products.

Mark Sanchez born in Long Beach, CA USA 
With 12 days left to Christmas I got to thinking about all the money Americans spend on items not made in the USA. Of course I don’t expect everyone, including myself to buy only American made things (try buying electronics made in the USA) but we as a country need to keep money in the USA as well, and support American workers by shopping for USA made products.

World News with Diane Sawyer is gearing up for a "Made in America Christmas." I think it’s a great idea; put down your eggnog for a moment and read these facts:

The average American will spend $700 on holiday gifts and goods this year, totaling more than $465 billion, the National Retail Federation estimates. If that money was spent entirely on US made products it would create 4.6 million jobs. But it doesn't even have to be that big. If each of us spent just $64 on American made goods during our holiday shopping, the result would be 200,000 new jobs; so what’s stopping you, lazy pants?

Here’s a list of some products made in the USA. Sadly these were a few of the ones I recognized. I would love it if some big shit designer would stop being so greedy, and open a manufacturing warehouse for his/her clothes in the USA as most of the Made In USA fashions look like they were designed Godzilla, if he had a job at Walmart.

See’s: This is the shit when it comes to candy; after you try See’s you’ll forget all about Godiva. For Christmas they have wonderful Egg Nog Truffles, Mincemeat Creams, Cranberry Orange Truffles and Pecan Pie Truffles; it’s better than sex.

Mincemeat Cream, yummy 4 you're tummy made in USA
American Apparel: Clothes. Ok so the people who usually work here are wacky looking, but they have some cool stuff if you want to be a hip bitch or sly stud.

Black Gold Pet Food: Premium professional dog food. I haven’t tried it, or I should say my dog hasn’t but I’ll buy it and see if my dog gives it a wags up.

JIFFY: baking mixes in the little blue boxes. I must admit I gave you up my old friend for Sara Lee, but know that I know Sara Lee is a Ho and most of her ingredients are from overseas, I’ll be your friend again Jiffy.

*Pyrex: Glassware, baking etc. When I was a boy, my mom backed her famous Tuna Casserole in a Pyrex dish; that survived her death and my 20’s until I dropped it and broke it 5 years ago. I love Pyrex for baking, and I do a lot of baking; Pyrex products last forever and look good on your shelf.

Kiehls: Skin care for women and men. Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate makes people think I’m younger than I am; it kicks wrinkles in the ass.

Your Christmas should be however you like it to be, it could be with family, friends or even a romantic trip with a loved one. Whatever you decide to do I hope you enjoy it, and keep your eyes open about where your food is coming from, now let's get drunk and merry!



*A few Pyrex products aren’t made in USA, read your labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment