Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Molly the Bulldog Nurses Orphaned Kittens.



We here at HTYM don’t like to get to wishy-washy, but when we found this sweet story two years ago we just had to repeat it. Our cold, bitter hearts melted like Joan Rivers in the desert.

Molly, an American Bulldog has taken over nursing duties to a litter of kittens after their mom was hit by a car and killed. Molly herself just had a litter of puppies and I guess she thought, “me casa es su casa” (for you kids who flunked Spanish, “my house is your house.”)

Molly and the kitties belong to Elbert Bristow, 84, of Columbia, Alabama. Molly and the kittens mom gave birth only a day apart. "I've had dogs all my life. I've trained bird dogs and coon dogs," Bristow told the Eagle newspaper, "but this is the first time I've ever had a dog take a litter of kittens."

Bristow also told the Eagle that the kittens, which include one white, one orange, one grey and white, and one with Siamese-type markings, follow Molly around just like she was their mommy. “She spends 5 to 10 minutes with them at a time, and lies down and lets them eat.”

If you watch the video Molly just wags her tail when the kittens have a snack; this my sassy shamrocks is one sweet, beautiful dog. Most human moms these days don’t want to take care of their own kids, besides someone else’s. It really reminds me of what I’ve always said; if you’ve never loved a pet, you’ve never been in love.

No word yet when the little orphan pussies will go up for adoption, but I’m hoping someone on that farm gives sweet Molly a big bone and a bra after she’s done.

Watch the video below. Molly wags her tail the whole time!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment