Friday, May 30, 2014

Maya Angelou’s Best Quotes About Life.


 
Writer and actress Maya Angelou passed away on Wednesday at 86. Raped at 7-years-old in the segregated south she didn’t speak for years and started writing. She always impressed me with her poise, strength and sass. Here in celebration of her talent is some of my favorite quotes from her.


I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me.


All great artists draw from the same resource: the human heart, which tells us that we are all more alike than we are unalike.


As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them.


I wrote some of the worst poetry west from the Mississippi River, but I wrote. And I finally sometimes got it right."


"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."


No comments:

Post a Comment